What is ISO 9001? ISO is an international federation of national normalization organizations from approximately 100 countries. It's name (ISO) is derived from the greek "isos" which means "equal". 9000 refers to a series of standards which are numbered in the 9000 range.
ISO 9001 is a quality assurance model and is becoming a condition for doing business. ISO means error reduction resulting from better systematic inspection and testing. This error reduction results from increased employee participation, involvement, awareness and systematic employee training. This will result in better products and services and improved communications both internally and externally.
Selikor NV obtained the ISO 9001 version 2000 certification for all it’s business processes in the year 2003 and has achieved to maintain this certification up to now. Some of the actions taken by Selikor to obtain and maintain this certification include:
• developing a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the company;
• monitoring processes to make sure they are effective;
• keeping adequate records;
• checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary;
• regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness;
• facilitating continual improvement.
Becoming ISO registered, Selikor NV improves it’s quality, efficiency, on time delivery, and company/client relations. Our ISO certification not only benefits our company, but you, as the community of Curacao as well.